“A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.”
A girl who has something going for herself is always going to have to deal with a pack of people who “throw shade” or hate on her endeavors. Naysayers and negative people exist all around. They can be random trolls on the internet or the people we think are closest to us. It can be disheartening for anyone to try to crush our dreams, but there’s a way to properly handle yourself when negativity invites itself in your life. Read on to find out how to stand firm in your purpose.
1. Keep it to yourself– Sometimes it’s best not to tell people every single move you’re going to make or the plans you have because their vision isn’t the same as yours. You don’t need negative energy in the mix of what you’re trying to accomplish. Do yourself a favor and let the finished product speak for itself.
2. Stop being defensive– Not all advice is bad advice, but sometimes an outsider’s unsolicited input is not warranted at all and that’s okay. Shut down naysayers and refrain from trying to convince others of what you’ve dreamt up. Switch the topic and keep your peace.
3. Don’t take it personally-This may the most difficult tip to come to terms with. For some, it can be hard not to take people’s words and opinions about you personally. You have to decide not to get sucked into the black hole that is negativity. How people feel about you, is more of a reflection of their personality and issues than it is of yours. Don’t give anyone that kind of power to negatively affect your mood. Instead, do yourself a favor and keep making bold moves that serve your purpose. Stop spending your life living in other’s expectations.
4. Choose your company wisely-Sometimes the most negative people in our ears are the ones who we’re closest to. Friends or family who aren’t supportive are often that way because of their own fears and insecurities. Maybe they didn’t work hard enough to fuel their own dreams. Some people are just uncomfortable seeing you doing better than them. You know what “they” say about misery; it loves having company. Spend less time with the people who make it their mission to bring you down. This is your life and you only have one time to live it right. Protect your peace at all costs.
5. Choose your fate– Somebody else’s fear does not have to become yours. You’re always going to be your own best friend or worst enemy so choose to be good to yourself. Believe in your abilities and have faith that great things will come to pass. Speak life into yourself and into your goals and dreams. Constantly picture your vision coming to pass. Fear and courage cannot coexist– You have the choice. Which will you choose?
6. Stay Inspired- Sometimes you have to encourage yourself! Don’t only speak well to yourself, consume things that will inspire you too. Read books about your interests and the people you admire. Listen to podcasts and educational interviews. Put success stories in your mind to remind yourself that whatever “it” is, is possible.
7. Work hard– Do the work; period. You can’t skip that essential step and think your plans will magically work. Connect with those around you. Don’t be afraid to seek help and guidance, and most importantly, don’t give up and have fun along the way!